FREEDOM 7 SENIOR COMMUNITY CENTER, Inc.
a 501(c)3 Non Profit Corporation
5000 TOM WARRINER BLVD
(Located inside the Cocoa Beach Country Club)
COCOA BEACH FL 32931
Open Monday thru Thursday
Office opens at 9am
Judy Brandon, Executive Director
Welcome to the Freedom 7 Senior Community Center Website
Please scroll to read the history, special events, regular weekly activities, and our present Perk's Partners List - local businesses which offer discounts to current Freedom 7 Senior Community Center members
Membership is still only $10 Individual - $15 per Couple
Memberships - along with fundraisers - are critical funding.
We are not a government organization and although we occasionally receive grants and donations - we do not currently have a regular source of funding.
We were founded by Mary Louise "Mother" Morgan and officially became a 501 ( c ) 3 Non Profit 29 years ago, signed by (then)Secretary of State, George Firestone, March 28, 1984 originally as
Freedom Seven Senior Citizens Community Center
Now... 29 years later - still the local, grassroots, private, Non Profit with the same mission statement "to provide wellness, educational, social and recreational activities (primarily) for seniors in Cocoa Beach, Cape Canaveral, Merritt Island - but open to adults of all ages and from all areas.
The members volunteer, teach, lead, help with all aspects of running F7.
Your memberships and small donations for various activities, plus your attendance at bigger fundraisers - truly enables us to stay operational.
We long for our own home one day but our "temporary home" since 2005 - is still inside the Cocoa Beach Country Club Auditorium - Monday thru Thursday - as well as the adjoining hall and kitchenette, plus Admin Office backstage.
Please visit this website often to stay updated on weekly activities; special events; fundraisers; & your local merchants and restaurants providing
discounts/perks to current Freedom 7 card members.
Call anytime , for any reason. If we are closed leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we return.
Please see the listings as follows: Upcoming Special Events; Regular Weekly Activities; Perks List (Businesses and Restaurants who provide a perk or discount to current F7 Card Members)
***TOTAL MEMORY WORKOUT!***8 Easy Steps to Maxium Memory Fitness**4 week free Class Series every Thursday in March, starting March 6th at 10am-11:30am presented by East Central Florida Memory Disorder Clinic.Come and learn more about your memory and practice "memorcises" designed to build memory muscle! Call or email F7 ro register/more information to F7
**Hot Night in the City**Friday March 7th -We had a great turn out to dance, eat and participate in our silent auction. Thank you for supporting Freedom 7!
Tuesday March 18th @ 11:30 Free Lunch and Learn:Everything you wanted to know about Cremation, Funerals and Burials. Educational Lecture with a Question and Answer period. Please RSVP
Tuesday March 25th @ 11:30 Free Lunch and Learn: Medications Older Adults should Avoid:medication warnings, over the counter supplements and your medications. Presented by Dr Susan Scheneider, so please RSVP your spot at the table today!
Wednesday, April 2nd @ 11:00am"Straight talk about Hearing Aids" Please join us for this a one hour seminar on with Expert Anna Cohen, Hearing Aid Specialist, and RN. She will share information on hearing loss and the latest advancements in hearing technology. FREE video otoscope exams will be available so you can view your ear canal on a color TV screen. Refreshments will be provided. Please RSVP 321-783-9505, all are welcome.
Tuesday April 8th @11:30 Free Lunch & Learn: Nutrition for Seniors: Learn about nutrition requirements,
common problems, drug-nutrient interaction with Chrys Brennan,M.A.,R.D.
Please RSVP to 321-783-9505 all are welcome
Tuesday April 15at 11:30a.m Free Lunch & Learn: How Tai Chi and Physical Therapy can reduce Stress, Increase Mobility and Improve your Life. Lecture and Tai Chi slow movement exercises presented by Amado Mendoza of A&M Therapy. Please rsvp
Tuesday April 22nd @ 11:30 am Free Lunch and Learn: "How can Hospice help and when is the right time" presented by Dr Ruiz the Medical Director of Hospice of Health First. A must attend lecture, so please rsvp
Tuesday April 29th @11:30 Free Lunch and Learn: Women's Health-Stay on top of the latest developments for all Women, current guidelines and information will be presented by Dr. Susan Schneider. Please rsvp 321-9505
Check this list again soon - updates coming for: Health & Wellness presentations; catered luncheons; brown bag lunches; pot luck socials.
Read on for the current regular weekly activity schedule
Current Weekly Activities
9:30am cost is $3 for members/$4 for non.
- Mah Jongg and Bridge lessons are taught sporadically through out the year - usually in 6 or 8 week sessions.
Call office to get on the list and when we have enough sign ups will give you a call and start the class!
Travel Desk: 11:00am - Noon, talk with Lee Rosenkranz about upcoming trips: Freedom 7 Members get a discount on travel.
Party Bridge/Rubber Bridge: Lessons Begin at 10am and play at 12 Noon (sign in 11:30am)
Mah Jongg: 12 Noon (sign in at 11:30am)
Pinochle: Noon to 4p ($1 Members/$2 Non Members)
9:30am cost is $3 for members/$4 for non.
- Introduction Computer Class Windows 7:Stay Tuned, time and dates to be announced, call now to get on the list when instructor becomes available. $35 Members/$45 Non Members*(join F7 - only $10 annually - and save!!)Call today and put your name on the list.
- We can schedule Scrabble, Dominoes, Rummy Cube, and more - call to get your name on list and we will coordinate.
Hand and Foot (Canasta)at 11am, new and fun for F7Join in members pay only $1/non members $2
Wednesday's (and Tuesday's)are used often for special events such as speakers, luncheons, wellness presentations...please see the special events section of the website or the hardcopy flier. Call office to inquire or reserve.
RSVP required for seating and planning 783-9505.
- Pinochle - 12noon - 3pm (Play Wednesday, instead of Thursday the first week of the month ,September thru April)
(Bring a snack or lunch)
Check back soon for more special events
Membership has Perks!!
Here is a partial list of area restaurants and merchants who offer discounts/benefits to present year card members. Membership with Freedom 7 runs October to October and still is only $10 Individual/$15 per Couple (Renewal for everyone is due every October regardless of what month you join.) Your membership helps support Freedom 7.
Please show your cards when visiting the following establishments.
- Air, Land, & Sea Travel ... small free gift with any cruise or tour booking.
- Beach Animal Hospital - 15% discount on initial office visit
- Beef O'Brady's Cocoa Beach 15% Off - Excluding Alcohol, and not valid with any other special or discounts.
- Captain J's Ocean Deck Restaurant & Beach Club 20% Off
- Cocoa Beach Health & Fitness 50% off enrollment & discount monthly dues (or an even better discount special at that time)
- Computer Tutor John Kellogg (in home sessions, private lessons, reasonable rates)
321-501-9813 FREE anti-virus security cd with first one hour or more paid session
- DAYAWAYTRAVELCLUB - Florida Greeters..discounts on trips.
- Florida's Seafood Bar & Grill 10% off food bill.
- Friday's - Merrit Island location ONLY (T.G.I.Friday's Merritt Island) EXCLUDES "3 Course Menu" & not valid with other offers or discounts - $5 Off $15 Purchase.
- For Any Occasion Catering 15% off catering
321-459-1673 Merritt Island
- Heidi's Jazz Club and Heidelberg Restaurant 10% off
Not on weekends or Holidays (as in Valentine's Day)
Best to call for reservations #783-6806.. and must show your current Freedom 7 Senior Community Center membership Card for 10% off
- Moves/Estate Sales: Senior Moves provided - Caring Transitions #321-610-8952 $10 off of the price of a Senior Move / $25 off Estate Sale
- Old Fish House 10% off
- Pizza Hut Cocoa Beach 10% off
- Roberto's Little Havana 10% off
- Ron Jon Surf Shop 10% off EXCLUDING Oakley/Maui Jim/All Surfboards (because mark up is very low on boards in the first place)/sale items. Cannot combine with any other discounts.
- Rusty's at the Port 20% off
- Sonny's Barbeque 10% off purchase Cocoa Beach Location only
- Strater Family Chiropractic - Cocoa Beach 321-866-0200 $35 Initial Exam (Normally $95)
- Subway Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral locations 10% Off
Not valid on the $5 Footlongs or other discounted items
- T.G.I.Friday's Merritt Island (Friday's) EXCLUDES "3 Course Menu" & not valid with other offers or discounts - $5 Off $15 Purchase. 321-459-1700